The National Honor Society (NHS) is open to all sophomores and juniors. Juniors are reminded that they must re-apply for membership even if they were inducted last year. Any senior who is not a member of the NHS and wishes to apply should speak to Mr. Kurtz or Mr. Acri before applying. Students who are accepted into the National Honor Society represent the best in the four pillars of NHS: Scholarship, Leadership, Character, and Service. See below for the NHS requirements:
· A cumulative (all years) GPA of greater than 90
· No current year-to-date (YTD) grade of less than 80
· 10 hours of in-school service for the 22-23 school year
· 10 hours of community service for the 22-23 school year
· Good attendance and disciplinary record
You can find your cumulative (all years) GPA on your latest report card.
Any student who is in need of service hours should speak with Mr. Acri or Mr. Kurtz. School activities are posted on the website and many clubs offer volunteer work. Outside of school service can be volunteering at a local parish, soup kitchen/food pantry, snow shoveling, or general community volunteer work.
All members of NHS serve as our peer mentors in the Center for Learning and Academic Wellness (CLAW). Applications will be available in February.