Led by Staten Island Borough President James Oddo
The Leadership Institute at Monsignor Farrell, headed by Staten Island Borough President and distinguished Farrell alumnus James Oddo, Class of 1984, is designed to be a practical, candid, weekly discussion to help ensure that Farrell students truly embrace the mindset of being a lifelong learner.
It's designed to instigate not only a conversation between us but perhaps, more importantly, within each student to help them ask the questions:
- Who am I today?
- What are my values and priorities?
- What are the processes I use to get through life?
- How do I continue to improve in all facets of life?
It allows students to identify, hone, and enhance their first principles.
The Leadership Institute curriculum is based on Borough President Oddo's real-world experiences. Class materials include books, videos, current events, personal experiences and stories, and notable guests to create an interactive dialogue and learning atmosphere.
- Work Harder/Smarter
- People, First
- Food & Nutrition
- The Brain
- The Microbiome
- The Immune System
- Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink & Leif Babbin
- Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker
- When by Dan Pink
- Captain Class by Sam Walker
- Quiet by Susan Cain
- The Excellence Dividend by Tom Peters
- Joyful by Ingrid Fetell-Lee
- The Death of Expertise by Tom Nichols
- Love Your Enemies by Arthur Brooks
- Genius Food by Max Lugavere
- Trillion Dollar Coach by Eric Schmidt
- The 5 AM Club by Robin Sharma